Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday 5 September, 2012

Hello and welcome back to another exciting school year.  Welcome also to the first blog of this year.

I try to use this blog to help parents stay informed on what is on the homework board at school.  I don't think the blog should replace each student's responsibility for filling out their planners.  I give the class five minutes at the end of each day to fill out their planners and clean up their work area.  This is just one more tool parents can use to ensure they know what is going on in their child's classroom.  You might notice that sometimes work is due one day after it is assigned.  In other cases, I might write something on the board and then post it with many days' notice.  I truly recognize how busy parents and families are and I will try to give fair dates for work to be completed.

I try to write in the blog every afternoon.  Sometimes, however, I am racing out the door to a volleyball game or something and so I might miss by accident once in a while.  I hope this tool is helpful to you and I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible at our Open House next week.

On the homework board today (it's really more organizational than homework):

1) $8 for planners asap

2) Grade seven sheet (picture, not word search) due Tuesday

3) Please try to get the following items by next Tuesday:
sketchbook (nothing hugely expensive by any means; Michaels has some cheap ones)
dictionary and thesaurus (somehow these were left off the Grade 7 list; again, nothing expensive by any means)
French/English dictionary (this one is optional if you don't want to buy one)