Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday 12 December, 2011

There were quite a few kids absent again today.  We've discussed washing one's hands as often as possible to try to prevent getting sick.  This is definitely not a time of year you want to get sick.

1) Christmas spelling test on Friday.

2) Math test signed for Tuesday.

3) Mesopotamia test Thursday.

4) Ask parents about pancake breakfast (This has been up for several days - I expect by now if parents are looking to volunteer, they should contact Mrs. Ewert who's in charge and whose phone number I'm afraid I don't have).

5) We are still planning to have a party this Friday afternoon.  As of last Friday, I said details and jobs would be given out today (Monday).  One student was working on a job list, but it's tough to fill out with so many students away.  Basically, I know how busy this time of year is and I definitely do not want to spring anything on parents last minute.  I will try to facilitate who is doing what job asap, but understand I realize you probably won't have time to bake a dozen cookies at 9:00 on Thursday evening.  I'm sure anything we do in class will be a fun break and appreciated by all.