Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday 20 October, 2014

This afternoon, I went over the novel study we will be beginning soon on Survival in the Wilderness.  I have provided several options for books for the kids to read.  If anyone wants to read something different, I would ask that they run that by me beforehand. Also, I would never expect parents to have to buy a book when I have provided so many options for the kids.  I aim to start reading the novel Thursday and assignments will begin next week.  Please ask your child to share the (admittedly wordy - I had to be explicit) criteria as well as all of the dates, which should be in their planners from now until December 16th!  This novel study has produced some very interesting work in the past, and I look forward to more inspired work this year.

*1) Gr. 6 Immunization forms Wednesday

*2) Math Gr. 6 2 graphs due Tuesday; ; sheet D4 Wednesday
Gr. 7 Qs 1-3 (done in partners, but lots of school time given) due Tuesday; follow up sheet 1.3 Wednesday

3) Short Story questions (Gr. 7 The Visitor) due Tuesday


4) Grade 6 Science p. 13 Tuesday

5) Friendship Recipe Wednesday

6) Grade 6 SS Collage Thursday (two and a half to three classes have been given to this already in school)

7) Grade 7 Science Investigation Thursday

8) Desk Protector Wednesday Oct 29

9) Painting in Art class for the next few weeks; students might want to have an extra shirt available